Before we ended our introductory week to home school preschool, my daughter and I wanted to end it with a fun game that we read about from Letter of the Week. I titled our game “Letter Bingo” but I wish I had titled it “Alphabet Bingo” like the title of my blog post!
What You Do:
- Make a 5×5 BINGO card. If you want it to look nice, go ahead and use a ruler for straight lines and measurements. Neither my daughter or I cared enough, so I just threw it together freehand.
- Place letters randomly throughout the card, leaving the center as a “FREE” space.
- Call out letters randomly and have child put a place marker on the letter that is called out.
- When child has a vertical, horizontal, or diagonal line completed, they win!
- If you are using a food item as a place marker, have fun eating when it’s over!
This is a really easy, fast, and fun alphabet game! I chose to do it during little brother’s nap time, as I did not want him to eat a bunch of candy while we were trying to use them as place markers. We do not give candy often, but I just wanted to end the week off with a bang!