This cute cheerio necklace is such a simple and easy activity to do with your young ones! The best part is they can do most of this all by themselves while working on their fine motor skills and you most likely already have all of this at your home! It also makes for a fine snack when done!
What You Need:
- Cereal with a hole in it (i.e. Cheerios, Froot Loops, etc.)
- Yarn or string
- Scissors to cut the string
What You Do:
- Measure string around child’s neck and then cut at appropriate length
- For less mess, use a container to hold cereal
- Let child use their fine motor skills and string the cereal pieces on the string. Esmeralda (3.5 years old) put her pieces on with the string laying horizontally so that the cereal would not fall off the string as it would in a vertical position.
- When child is done stringing cereal, help tie it around their neck and let them enjoy their creation by eating it or wearing it as a necklace!
Here is Esmeralda’s final product!
*WARNING: Please supervise children with string/yarn around their neck as a necklace to avoid choking/strangulation.*