This week for letter C, we chose to add a cougar to our nature alphabet book! We found some animal facts about cougars at Charmingfare Farm. We learned a lot of interesting facts and trivia about this mammal!
- Can jump vertically over 16 feet and over 45 feet horizontally
- Fastest animals on North America, running up to 40 miles per hour!
- Hunt other animals for food, their favorite meal is deer!
- Have thick fur and little body fat
- Live in the wild: mountains, forests, swamps
My daughter does not believe me that cougars eat deer. She also does not believe me that cougars are cats. She is very adamant when telling me, “Mom, cougars are not cats. They are cougars.” Silly girl!
Esmeralda paid attention to the site when it said that cougars were tan colored cats, so she picked the “tumbleweed” Crayola crayon, as she thought that most resembled the color she saw in the picture of the cougar on the site.
So far I think this is her favorite addition to her nature alphabet book. She really enjoyed learning about cougars!