This week, we have been reading the book Does a Kangaroo Have a Mother, Too? by Eric Carle so we decided to look at kangaroos for our nature alphabet book this week! Both my 3.5 year old and 1.5 year old enjoy this book, so Esmeralda loved learning about kangaroos. For information about kangaroos, we visited the encyclopedia website! Here are some things we learned:
- Found in Australia, Tasmania, and New Guinea!
- Gestation period of 40 days!
- Baby kangaroo stay in the pouch for six months!
- Male great red kangaroos are over 7 feet and over 200 pounds!
- Females are smaller and can travel up to 30 miles per hour!
I found a coloring page that also had tracing. Esmeralda loves to trace and write her own letters so I knew she would have a blast with this! You can find the coloring page here at Animal Jr. Here is Esmeralda’s picture!