This week for letter O has been all about otters! Esmeralda and I have been reading Oscar Otter, an I Can Read Book by Nathaniel Benchley. Since we have been enjoying that book, we chose to continue the otter theme by adding it to our nature alphabet book this week! We found our facts from otter-world.com. Here is some of what we learned below:
- Consume mainly fish even though most assume most of diet from plants and berries!
- Males are called meowters, females are queens, and babies are pups!
- Majority of time actually spent on land, not in water!
- Can remain underwater for 4 minutes!
- Found all over the world except Antarctica and Australia!
Surprisingly, Esmeralda did not care one way or another when learning about the otters. She was not disinterested and she was not super interested. She did like that they swim. She insists that she can stay underwater for 4 minutes too because she wears a bathing suit and swim shoes. Ha ha, I just love the mind of little ones!
Here is Esmeralda’s coloring page of an otter, which we found here!
See you next week with letter P!